5th National Purazm Awards (2021)
Rules and Regulations
- Professional & Student categories both would have separate evaluation, award and prize money.
- The winning student has to get the student verification letter from his/her Head of Department (University/College/School)
- Participants have to share the name, city name, contact number, institution/occupation name in the profile section. (Entry with incomplete information will not be entertained)
- A group or an individual can prepare the video, digital artwork or text story. However, awards and prizes will be presented in the name of submitter/ entrant only.
- Content quality should be in High Definition (HD).
- Topics selected for the PurAzm Awards’ competition should give an impression of the broader themes/ messages based on real life stories/incidents.
- Duration of any video should not exceed 3-5 minutes, while the text story must not exceed 750 words.
- Info-graphics must be kinetic.
- All the entries for PurAzm Awards’ competition with complete requirements/documentations can be sent on or before the deadline announced.
- In case of video entries, at least 75% of the footage must be self-shot and in case of images, format must be of JPEG along with RAW files.
- Submission must be original work of the participant, which is not copied, stolen or plagiarized from others. (PurAzm team has right to ask about the details of the content uploaded)
- The rights to any other source (stock, file footage etc.) would solely be the responsibility of the submitting participant. The Ministry will not be held responsible for any copyrights violation. Failure to abide will result in automatic disqualification and legal action wherever applicable.
- After the submission, entrant agrees that copyrights of the entry (ies) will be shared with the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting and that the Ministry will be authorized to manage its broadcast/publishing on any media platform.
Participant(s): Filmmakers, Journalists, Photojournalists, Media Students, Citizens of Pakistan.
Official Launch of competition: October 2020
Submission Deadline: 31st December 2020
Awards Ceremony: February 2021
Registration Fee: Free of Cost
Process: Fill the online submission form and for large size files use Google Drive. Multiple entries are allowed.
Entry Content: Video, Text Story or Image
Adjudication: An esteemed panel of journalists, playwrights and experts would judge the entries. Their decision will be considered as final and unchallengeable. A criterion of the selection is on the basis of following factors:
- 80% Concept (Content Background, Story Structuring, relevancy to PurAzm Pakistan theme, Clarity of Presentation, Visuals & Aesthetic criteria, emotional quality)
- 20% technical expertise (camera work, audio-visual quality)